MTS

MTS
"Expanding minds through creative sounds."

Saturday, March 14, 2009

We SAVED Lives



Music Tech Studios Blood Donation Day

Every time you donate a pint of blood you save at least THREE lives, sometimes even four!!! The blood banks need our donations to save the lives of preemies and people of all ages. It takes less than 10 minutes to donate and a few minutes to answer questions.

Now I am a wimp when it comes to giving blood.... it had been over 10 years since I last gave blood because I almost passed out the last time. Well, my husband convinced me it was time to step up, suck it up, and give blood again... and it was a 'piece of cake'... well at least a free juice and cookies. I'm also proud of my son Christopher, who gave blood for the first time at 33yr. old... I think he takes after me. And he said it was "no prob" and was glad he finally gave. Now my husband Dean, on the other hand, is a regular blood donor as well as apheresis donor...so he is my hero. And he is the one that organized the Music Tech Studios Blood donation day outside our store with the Community Blood Centers of South Florida. By the time I arrived with camera in hand to document the day, Dean had already gone home... but trust me, he was the FIRST to give at 9:00am with a smile on his face.

So here are some of the shots from the day. We showed our 'badge' of courage. Enjoy, Diane

Chris ... showing his "badge of courage".



The wonderful staff of the Blood Center mobile.






It was a gorgeous day to "Save a Life".



Charles, one of our guitar teachers, getting ready to donate.






Our store off in the distance... Music Tech Studios.


Victor, our staff ... still smiling after his donation.



Chris, looking so GQ with his badge of courage.


Diane, having a laugh in my ninja pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment